Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In Honor of Veteran's Day

"Charlie" Brown 22 year Navy Vet and my father-in-law
Veteran of the Korean war
Married for 57 years

My son, Sargent Alexander Brown with his nephew, Xavier 2009
Iraq war Vet and still in the army soon to be deployed.

(Alex is recently married and expecting his own baby this December.)

Thank You Dad and Alex
and all the other Veterans out there,
past and present,
for your service to our country.
We cannot honor you enough.


We are so proud of you!

And if you are interested, Poetry is happening once again on

Kathie's Poet Tree

7 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh yes! Thank you!!! Love the old photos, aren't they just the best. Very handsome son you have. (and adorable grandson stealing the light!) Praying for a safe deployment for SGT Brown and his troops. HOOAH! Love, Deb

Kathie Brown said...

Deb, thank you for the HOOAH!

bobbie said...

Yes, thank you "Dad" and Alex and all the rest. We owe you all a debt we can never pay.

Deborah Godin said...

Wonderful family photos, and I add my thanks for their service!

Ruth said...

Best wishes for the safety of your son in his service to his country.

Mary said...

Wonderful....we thank they also!

Rambling Woods said...

Kathie..this is late, but I will keep your son in my thoughts. My daughter's (former) boyfriend was an Iraq war veteran and my first experience hearing from someone first hand.....Michelle