Thursday, February 18, 2010

Skywatch Friday: New Sky, New Blog

Rainbow in Sycamore Canyon 1-21-10

Rainbows always seem like a new day is dawning with a promise of something good. I hope this is true for I am announcing a new blog called Sycamore Canyon Birds. This new blog will be targeted specifically to the birds seen in Sycamore Canyon. It will be useful for current and new residents in Sycamore Canyon as a tool to identify bird species seen in our neighborhood. I also hope to include information on bird feeding, bird habitats and where to spot species within Sycamore Canyon.

The need for this blog became apparent when I was talking to the head of the Sycamore Canyon HOA about birds and my blog. While there was much enthusiasm for my interest in birds, because of my position and blog posts on the Rosemont and limestone mines the HOA could not link up to my blog as it must remain politically neutral. However, I really want to share my passion and knowledge for birds and birding here in Sycamore Canyon, which is truly a unique area. After months of contemplation the only solution I could come up with was to start another blog specifically about birds and nature in Sycamore Canyon. Sycamore Canyon will remain my main blog but I hope to have Sycamore Canyon Birds as a reference tool for the Homeowners and anyone else who want to know about bird species seen here. I already have my first post up but there is not much there right now. I hope to tweak the site within the next few days and polish it up into a fine website that is useful to all!
Meanwhile, keep on skywatching at

15 comments:

duopastorale said...

Beautiful rainbow shot :)
This I do...

Dawn Fine said...

Wonderful rainbow shot! Good luck with your new blog..you can always link to new posts here..like you just did..
just to remind others..like me to go over and check it out!

Sylvia K said...

What a marvelous rainbow capture, Kathie!! Wishing you the best with your new blog! Look forward to visiting! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Regina said...

Delightful one!
Thanks for sharing.
Have a lovely weekend.
"SkyWatch"

Lorac said...

I love rainbows! Good luck on your new blog!

Jim said...

A terrific rainbow capture.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Gaelyn said...

Rainbows are a special gift.

What a great idea to offer a local nature blog.

Pearl Maple said...

How cool to be able to spot rainbows like that, colors are fabulous.

Hildred said...

What a lovely delicate rainbow to complement the beautiful background.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful shot, Kathie! I love the rainbow and the scenery is very pretty.

Dan Huber said...

Wonderful scenic view

dan

bobbie said...

This is a stunning photo, Kathie.

FAB said...

The rainbow is a good omen for the new blog Kathie. I'll be watching with interest. FAB.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely rainbow sky Kathie. I have also added your new site to my blog roll. Looking forward to your posts there very much.

Kcalpesh said...

Beautiful! Even I'm eager to see and capture a rainbow in reality!!...