Sunday, November 9, 2008
Blog Award From Jess
As you can tell, I am doing a bit of "Catch-up." Last week I acknowledged an award given to me by my dear fellow blogger, Bobbie. This week I want to thank Jess for her encouragement when she gave me this Brilliant Blogger Award in September. I'm not sure I deserve it but I graciously accept it and thank her for it.
Jess has a blog called Scrapbook Ideas, and though I am not into scrapbooking myself, I do have many other friends who are and I appreciate the creativity. Thank you once again, Jess. I have known Jess since she was a baby. She is the same age as my oldest son, G, and when they were infants he was so big and she was so small that when we sat them next to each other they looked like Pebbles and Bam Bam! Of course as parents we fantasized about them growing up and marrying each other, but that never happened. They each found their own spouses perfectly suited to them. Imagine that! Ironically they were both married the same year and the same month just one day apart! We are still good friends and I enjoy the adult friendship we now have.
So, here are the rules for this award:
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you’ve nominated.
So, who do I think is a Brilliant Blogger?
1. Beth of Beth's Stories for one. Creative, insightful, and nature loving, I actually met Beth this past summer when I was in Maine. Through her I keep my finger on the pulse of the area where I use to live. I also learn about many new places. Right now she is keeping track of a new beaver family that is building a dam on her parent's property.
2. Lynne of Hasty Brook. Lynne's love of nature and thirst to learn inspires me. I love to visit Hasty Brook for the beautiful photography and humorous writing. However, Lynne has a serious side also. She has been through quite a bit in her life and I admire her courage and the grace with which she has faced the loss of her mother and her sister in such a short span of time. Hugs to you, Lynne.
3. Klaus of Virtua Gallery for all the brilliant websites he administers, like Skywatch Friday and My World Tuesday. I know he has lots of help on those websites and those people deserve high praise also, but I want to acknowledge Klaus for his brilliant photography and his constant commenting on this and other blogs. I swear I see his face everywhere and he is always so cheerful!
4. Gossamer Tapestry. Doug Taron, of course, my premier bug and science guy!
5. Susan Gets Native. Spunky, sassy, silly and serious, Susan is all of this and informative too! She works with Raptor Rehab in Ohio. What could be more Brilliant!
6. Quiet Paths. Go here to sooth your soul and refresh your spirit!
7. Got Bladder Cancer? Okay, this one comes with a warning. You have to be brave to read this one. While it's not for everyone, Steve is my friend. He has bravely been fighting a battle with Bladder cancer and if you know anyone else who is, this is a great place to send them for real life info, no holds barred, in-your-face reality.