Thursday, August 7, 2008

Announcing: I and the Bird Edition # 82

Hello all my birding and blogging buddies out there. I and the Bird Edition #82 will be hosted by kathiesbirds right here at Sycamore Canyon. My theme will be the Art and Philosophy of Birds and Birding. If you think you have an appropriate submission please send it to me as this blog carnival starts on August 21st. If you have a blog post with beautiful blog photography (who doesn't?) or an article about your philosophy of birds or birding (i.e. how do you interact with the natural world around you and how does it affect your everyday life and thoughts. Are you a Zen birder, or are you more aggressive and organized? Do you go with the flow and see what you can find, or are you out there mapping it all out and ticking off your list? )


Do we have the Ansel Adams of birding out there? How about a Renoir or Picasso? Is there a Monet or a Matisse? Can we find the Des Cartes school of bird watching or the Emmanuel Kant school of bird thought? Perhaps you are a Renaisance birder or, perhaps you have photos of a renaissance bird? see where this is going? use your imagination, get creative and start blogging! Then send me the links to your articles. If birds inspire you to art and poetry, send that too. I'll sort through it all and we'll throw the most Artsy Fartsy Bird Carnival you have ever seen!


Vermillion Flycatcher modeling for Matisse (He likes such bright colors you know!)

I look forward to hearing from all of you, and if you have never submitted an article yet, don't be afraid. You can do it! This is my first blog carnival after all. Please send your submissions to my email address located in my profile. I will acknowledge each submission. If you do not hear from me, please try again in case something gets lost in the spam filter. And if you are a spammer, please keep your SPAM to yourself!

6 comments:

kjpweb said...

Wow, Kathie that'll be cool! I flattered that you consider my photos.
Well I'll be sending you a couple of suggestions as links - and let you choose and I will send it over, prepped for the width you need the images in.
Cheers, Klaus

Kathie Brown said...

I'm pleased to invite you. You always do such a good job and who better for an Artsy Fartsy Bird Carnival!

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! I'm next after you, so let's shown them how it's done.

Now, off to write something worthy to submit ...

Kathie Brown said...

Oh Hooray Wren! I'll submit something for you too if you'd like!

Mary said...

Kathie, you're so funny. I sent you an e-mail. Thanks for hosting I and The Bird. I had a submission just once almost two years ago. It's a wonderful carnival and I know you'll have fun putting it all together. I look forward to reading all about it!

Mary

Mary C said...

I think I have just the post to submit, Kathie. I'm so glad you are hosting the next I & the Bird Carnival. I think you can say (as you did in your post) "go with the flow and see what you can find." That's the kind of birder I happen to be. I'm happy to find or see any birds that "cross my path." ;o)