Monday, December 28, 2009

My World: Tumacacori Doors (part 3)

Door to orchard seen through mortuaty chapel door 11-5-09

The shadows of the past fall on the arched doorway of the unfinished morturay chapel.


The shadow of Tumacacori Mission falls on the graveyard.


Doorway to the convento and an ordinary life.

Doorways. They are so symbolic. As 2009 draws to an end with 2010 just a few days away, I can't help but think of it as passing through a doorway to a New Year. What will 2010 hold for me and for all of us? Will I pass through the open doors that present themselves to me in the New Year? Will you? What will happen in MY World next year? I will never find out if I don't go though that door! Click on the link below. It is your door to other worlds!



9 comments:

bobbie said...

Beautiful and symbolic photos.

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous post, Kathie, and I agree with Bobbie, these are indeed beautiful and symbolic photos. I, too, wonder what's on the other side of the door for me in the coming year. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Sylvia

Jim said...

Love these doorways.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Photo Cache said...

I love doorways. There is a meme on windows and doors hosted by Teach Mary, I hope you join if you haven't already.

Anonymous said...

this is a wonderful post kathie. and it is so true, if we don't go through the door(s) we will not encounter what awaits us on the other side. thanks for sharing these lovely photographs with us.
happy new year

sweetbay said...

A beautiful post. The weathering on the chapel and doorways is fantastic.

Regina said...

Awesome!
Happy New Year1

abb said...

Oh my. The shadows in your photos are incredible.

This past month has been less than ideal for me and a lot of folks I love. Your analogy of passing through a doorway to the new year is just what I needed. Thank you for that.

Naturegirl said...

Kathie a wonderful way to bring in the New Year!May we all pass through doors that are open with personal New Beginnings!
Happy New Year..perhaps in 2010 we shall meet in AZ ..as you know I spend my winters in Scottsdale.
hugs aNNa xo