Friday, April 30, 2010

End of Month eBird Stats

The "Birding from Dawn to Dusk posts will have to take a break as I am over in Maricopa for a few days staying with a friend. In my spare time I am watching birds and while I have access to a computer I do not have a way to upload photos. Once again a picture-less post. However, since this is the last day of the month I decided to update all my eBird stats. So many things have changed since the end of Big January. I have now been across 8 states and numerous counties. Migration is in full swing and species are returning to Sycamore Canyon and all of Arizona. So, here are my latest statistics as of April 30, 2010

LIfe List: 378
Year List: 208
Month List: 121

Total checklists: 1936
Year checklists: 413
Month checklists: 74

AZ Life List: 249
AZ Year: 169

AZ Counties
Pima Life: 225
Pima Year: 141
Pima Month: 99

Santa Cruz Life: 158
Santa Cruz Year: 106
Santa Cruz Month: 34

Cochise Life:  110
Cochise year: 77
Cochise Month: 39


Pinal Life: 91
Pinal year: 29
Pinal Month: 29



Maricopoa Life: 53
Maricopa Year: 23

Gila Life: 15

Graham Life: 8
Yavapai Life: 3
Coconino Life: 3

Utah Life List: 147
West Virginia Life List 106
Connecticut Life: 91 
Maine Life List: 85
Florida Life List: 65
New Mexico Life List: 59
New Mexico Year List: 50
Oklahoma Life List: 53
Oklahoma Year List 49
Alabama Life List: 47
Ohio Life List: 44
Washington Life List: 38
Colorado Life List: 34
New York Life List: 30
Kentucky Life List: 29
Wyoming Life List 20
Tennessee Life List: 20
Arkansas Life List: 19
Massachusetts Life List: 18
Mississippi Life List: 12
Idaho: 10
Texas: 9
New Hampshire : 8
North Dakota: 6
Rhode Island 2
New Brunswick, Canada: 2
South Dakota: 1

These are my stats so far. Where the Life List and Year List data are the same I have entered only one statistic. New States with new bird counts this year are in italics. Have fun birding. All of this data is not only fun for me to see but it helps eBird track birding populations. For people who have been counting birds along the gulf coast their data will help to prove the impact this huge oil spill will have on birding populations.  These are bird list that will help the birds, so get out there and count when you can and please help preserve habitat for the birds!

6 comments:

Birding is Fun! said...

I'm so proud of you for using eBird! Like you say, even birders not interested in the tracking and listing aspects should still use eBird to help scientists track populations.

Kathie Brown said...

Idaho birder, I try to do my best. I realize this data helps the birds and that is why I am so enthusiastic about it.

Birding is Fun! said...

I did change the name of my blog because our homebuilding/land development company is basically closing and laid all of us off in four states.I'm sure you know of APS there in AZ. That is our sister company. The parent company Pinnacle West didn't want to be tied to a risky real estate business any more and put us up for sale. The new buyer still had not closed and SunCor could no longer continue to pay us. I couldn't use the trademarked name Avimor anymore, so I went with Idaho. I've started working with my father's homebuilding company and with a landscaping company (first two adds on my blog) doing estimating and marketing. I hope I can make a go of it on my own!

Kathie Brown said...

Dear Idaho Birder, I am sorry to hear that but sometimes good things come from these tumultuous events in our lives. I hope all goes well for you with your new job and your new blog! Perhaps your blog will take off and pay for itself also!

DeniseinVA said...

What a great bird list Kathie. I am sure you are taking lots of lovely photos over there to show us when you get back.

Kathie Brown said...

Denise, I am back and hope to be blogging again soon. I have a bird presentation to do tomorrow and I am going crazy getting ready for it. It is at my house so I have been busy cleaning and landscaping!