Friday, April 2, 2010

Skywatch Friday: From Gray to Blue

DSC_0743Gray sky over Burnsville, MS Boat Landing 3-17-10

We left Arizona on March 11 on a road trip to Kentucky and back. On March 12 the skies turned gray and they have stayed that way for the past 5 days.  It is no different when we leave Alabama and travel across Mississippi where I convince Gus to stop at this boat landing so I can have at least one decent bird count for the state.  The trouble is the birds have more sense than me and I see only a few birds here though I looked for 25 minutes.

DSC_0758Blue sky over Pig Out Palace Near Henryetta, OK 3-18-10

Finally the sun comes out as we cross into Tennessee and then back into Arkansas. We spend the night in Ft. Smith, then get back on the road and head for Oklahoma city where we will spend the night with TR Ryan.  I can’t wait! On our way across Oklahoma we stop to get gas at the Pig Out Palace. No we didn’t eat here but I did count birds!  Look at those gorgeous blue skies!

 

Skywatch Friday

Go Visit!

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I love road trips, too bad you couldn't stay longer to see the birds. Cool shot of the pigs.

desertsandbeyond said...

Our blue sky turned gray yesterday. We even got a few sprinkles! They'll be moving your way soon!

bobbie said...

There is something about a pure blue sky like that!

Love the pigs.

Gaelyn said...

I've heard about those big blue skies in OK, and you found a grand blue to show off the pigs. Look forward to your birding with TR.

Anonymous said...

Better gray to blue than the other way around. Love the piggies, too.

Kcalpesh said...

While the first picture looks mesmerizingly beautiful, I think pig out palace did a very good job with great creativity :-)

Pixellicious Photos